These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all users of this Site. By using this Site you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you may not access or use this Site. Allina Health will not restrict treatment at any Allina Health facility if you choose not to agree to these Terms and Conditions.
The Change to Chill™ Chat forum is presented for information only and is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice. Please always consult a trained mental health professional before making any decision regarding treatment of yourself or others. If you are in need of help, please contact a crisis clinic or a qualified mental health care provider.
Change to Chill provides education tools and resources to help when you are feeling stressed. Change to Chill does not provide individual counseling or other treatment. If you want or need counseling, treatment or other help, you can find resources here.
If you’re going through a lot and feeling way too overwhelmed, text or call the crisis lines or visit these websites for more help, or go to your local hospital for emergency help. You’re not alone.
The information that you post on Change to Chill can be seen by any person who visits the Change to Chill website and could be re-disclosed by any person who visits the Change to Chill website. Do not post information that you do not want to be publicly available. You give us permission to display your posts on Change to Chill and identify you as the source of the information based on your profile name. We will not reuse your posts for other purposes and will not sell it to others unless you give us permission. Your consent to display your posts does not expire unless you cancel it in writing by contacting us as [email protected]. A cancellation will not change uses or releases that happen before the cancellation.
The information in our responses are for your own personal use. You do not have permission to use our responses for other purposes. You also do not have permission to download or use the posts of others. Please respect others’ rights when using Change to Chill.
We encourage open and honest communication on Change to Chill, but all communication must be respectful. You are responsible for all content that you post. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content that you post.
We may disclose and/or remove content posted by users. We have the right (but do not assume the obligation) to:
- monitor all content created by users;
- require that you avoid certain subjects;
- remove or block any content posted by users at any time without notice at our sole and absolute discretion;
- disclose any content created by users and the identity of the user who posted it in response to a subpoena or whenever we believe that disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a court order, to prevent or investigate a possible crime or other violation of law, to protect the rights of Allina Health or others, or to enforce these Terms and Conditions of Use; and
- terminate your access to and use of this Site, or to modify, edit or block your transmissions thereto in our sole discretion.
You agree that our exercise of such discretion shall not render us the owners of content you post, and that you will retain ownership thereof as described above.
It is a condition of these Terms and Conditions of Use that you do not:
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available
- any content that is unlawful, harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, racially disparaging, indecent, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- any content that constitutes or encourages activity illegal under criminal or civil law;
- any content that is false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- any content that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including content which violates the patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any individual, living or deceased, or any legal entity;
- any content that contains the image, name or likeness of anyone other than yourself, unless (i) that person is at least eighteen years old and you have first obtained his/her express permission or (ii) that person is under 18 years old but you are his/her parent or legal guardian;
- any request for or solicitation of any personal or private information from any individual;
- any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- any content that contains advertising, promotions or marketing, or which otherwise has a commercial purpose;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
If you post information that is not appropriate for the Change to Chill Chat forum, your post may be edited or deleted. Examples of inappropriate content include:
- Sexually Explicit
- Racist, sexist, ethnically objectionable or derogatory
- Demeaning, hateful, abusive or threatening
- Pornographic Images
- Obscene or offensive
- Full name, address or other personal identifying information about you or others
- Information that belongs to someone else, and you do not have permission to use or share (such as information that is subject to a copyright)
- Illegal content
- Off topic content
- Advertising or other “spam” postings
- Pretending to be someone else
If you post inappropriate content or violate the Change to Chill forum expectations, you may be banned from the Change to Chill forum or site. We reserve the right to terminate access to Change to Chill at any time, for any reason.
To report a problem with Change to Chill content, email [email protected]