Flow is a state of mind when you are fully immersed in a task and forget about the outside world for a while. When you are distracted by the things going on around you, taking a moment to find your Flow may lead to more happiness in life. When you are in your Flow it’s comparable to….
- Being in “The Zone”
- You aren’t thinking about yourself or your problems
- You aren’t interrupted by extraneous thoughts
- You work effortlessly (even when it is difficult, things are clicking)
Examples of flow activities include:
- Body Movement Activities: sports, dance, martial arts, walking, hiking
- Artistic Pursuits: music (playing and listening), painting, photography, crafting, baking
- Hobbies: Writing, knitting, pottery, sewing, archery, coloring
Unsure of where to start? Begin with meditation for focus… Headspace has one that is free and about 10 minutes long or try Change To Chills’, Finding Focus meditation.
Ready to Start Now?
Please join us for a free Let’s Talk Wellness series that starts this week.