Step 1: Understanding Stress
Teaching students how to recognize the signs and symptoms of stress can be helpful as they work to better manage their mental well-being. Here are a few Change to Chill resources that can help:
- Read more about the causes and symptoms of stress, along with the different types we may experience.
- Watch this “Stress Test” video to learn how our bodies respond in stressful situations.
- Learn more about the difference between stress and anxiety.
Step 2: Reflecting and Practicing Coping Skills
Once they have an understanding of these concepts, encourage self-reflection on their own experiences with stress and engaging in healthy coping skills. Here are some tools to share:
- Our Stress Factor Quiz, which can help them better understand their unique stress factors.
- This reflective worksheet to get them thinking about how their experiences with stress have changed over time.
- These chill breaks, which are short de-stress exercises to incorporate into their daily routines.
As a supportive adult, you may also find our tips for talking with teens about stress and mental well-being helpful as you support the student(s) in your life on their mental well-being journey.
Well-being Resources for All Ages