Prioritizing Mental Well-Being
Going back to school brings many transitions and adjustments to new schedules and activities. It can easily feel overwhelming. Explore these Change to Chill resources to help ease the transitions.
- Read more about Teenage Mental Health Resources & Stress Relief that are geared towards balancing school responsibilities, a social life, and living at home.
- Remember that It’s Ok to Not Be Ok. You are not alone in what you are experiencing and having a conversation can bring you and others together.
- Learn more about Mental Health and Counseling Services for Teens.
Reducing the Stigma
When dealing with mental health challenges, asking for help and support can be daunting. Here are some tools to help decrease the stigma associated with talking about mental health challenges:
- These Mental Health Conversation Starters can help open up the conversation around mental health.
- Here are some tips on Reducing Mental Health Stigma | Stigma Group Activities.
- Understand what stigma is and the harm that it can have: Let’s Talk About It: Stigma.
- Change to Chill will be supporting 43 schools this year as part of the Change to Chill School Partnership. Stay tuned for highlights throughout the 2022-2023 school year!
- Allina Health’s 11th annual Free Bikes for Kids event is taking place on Saturday, October 8th from 9 am-1 pm. Learn more at Free Bikes 4 Kidz | Allina Health.
- Indigenous Peoples Task Force, one of Change to Chill’s primary community partners, will be celebrated at the Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC) game on Sunday, October 9th in honor of their dynamic youth leadership contributions and as Indigenous Peoples Day is honored on October 10. New resources geared toward Native and Indigenous youth are coming soon from Change to Chill!
Well-being Resources for All Ages
Did you know that Allina Health has well-being resources for folks of all ages? In addition to Change to Chill, which focuses on youth ages 13-19, Allina Health has two sister programs we encourage you to check out!
Hello4Health is a resource for adults, with tools and activities to help build or strengthen social connections.
Health Powered Kids is a resource for youth ages 3-14, with lesson plans to help kids Be Active, Keep Clean, Find Balance and Eat Well.