What is Connection?
When researchers refer to the concept of social connection, they mean the feeling that you belong to a group and generally feel close to other people. Scientific evidence strongly suggests that this is a core psychological need, essential to feeling satisfied with your life.
Ways to connect in your day…
- Maintain your current friendships and reconnect with friends with whom you have lost contact.
- Practice gratitude: this increase our happiness, and helps us feel more connected to others.
- Notice the people around you: rather than rushing all the time, take time to say hello!
- When you are feeling lonely, recognize the people who have supported you. You can do this as a journaling practice and write a list of people who have supported you in the past and how that made you feel.
- Make a list of your 3 AM friends: these are friends, who could call you if they were feeling lonely and needed someone to talk to. Let them know that you are here for them.
- Be a better listener: We often listen to respond, instead listen to hear what is being said.
- Try incorporating these other ideas.
Need a break?
Check out Change to Chill’s Virtual Chill Zone to relax, refresh and recharge.